As part of our “Sport Power: Promoting Sport for Women Empowerment” project, co-funded by the Erasmus + program, Associazione Travelogue and A.S.D. Trevi Volley, with the patronage of the Municipality of Trevi and the Municipality of Marsciano, organized a conference to present the project’s activities, which took place in Trevi (PG, Italy) on September 25th at the Clitunno Theater.
In this first phase of implementation of the project various activities have been carried out at the local level in each country of the partnership.
In particular, during the conference the results collected from the questionnaire submitted to the young volleyball players involved by the two Italian organizations were presented, with the collaboration of the sociologist Prof. Roberto Segatori, and the interview carried out with Monia Baccaille, cycling champion from Marsciano, now technician for Umbria Region, to talk about her experience, the world of women’s cycling and the satisfaction obtained from sport.
Interesting the contribution by Davide Mazzanti, Coach of the Italian Women’s Volleyball Team, who offered ideas and suggestions to the coaches and managers of the teams present, offering an interesting opportunity for discussion.
The list of attendees:
- Francesco Sperandio, Mayor of the Municipality of Trevi
- Manuela Taglia, Councilor of the Municipality of Marsciano
- Avv. Cateria Grechi, President of the Equal Opportunities Center of the Umbria Region
- Benito Montesi, FIPAV, Referee Sector Technical Manager
- Veronica Fantauzzi, ASD Trevi Volley
- Silvia Bonomi and Valentina Mastrini, Associazione Travelogue
- Prof. Roberto Segatori, Sociologist
- Davide Mazzanti, Coach of the Italian Women’s Volleyball Team
The presentation of the project, by Associazione Travelogue: WOM-EMP Presentation
The presentation of the results of the analysis on young volleyball players, by the sociologist Prof. Segatori: Young volleyball players analysis results – Prof. Segatori – EN
Whatch the video with the interviews to the participants on Youtube.
Photos by Nicola Cirocchi.